View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Jimmy Paxson's public post on FB, talking about BuckVie tour he did with her:

I can’t really muster all the words. She was incomparably cool… The tour we did was cooler than cool too… I can’t believe she’s left the physical realm. I’m completely shocked actually. I have a lot of fond memories… One that really sticks out is when I told her I was going to create cymbal stands out of mannikins and she replied “I guess the next question Jimmy is exactly what kind of drugs are you on ?”… She was fun, funny and full of love. I’ll never forget after that tour when I was rehearsing with Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons for a private event on which she too was on the bill and she walked in, propped herself up on a road case and just listened in joy as we rehearsed… I looked and said to myself “That’s Christine ****ing McVie, she’s so cool - why am I so calm ?” - yeah sure I was in her band and we were beyond comfortable playing together, but inside I’ve always been beyond enamored with everything Christine and I will love and miss her forever. This is truly shocking. Love to fans, family and friends everywhere. If you knew her you knew and if you didn’t just know that she was all the wonderful things you could imagine and more. I’m grateful for the times together (still shocked they even happened) and even more shocked at her passing. It is shocking to hear of her passing. Rest on songbird ll: ❤️x's ∞ ²:ll Unreal.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"