View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I dug out my old external HD with all my MP3's on it and went through tons of Mac stuff and alas, I do not have any Sara's from 1988. Now, I know I've heard one and I swore I had one, but, nope. From what I recall, it was very perfunctory in its execution. Not a bad performance, but nothing special. To me, Sara peaked immediately upon being played live during the Tusk Tour. Some of those recordings are incredible - certainly the Live album and what came out on the Tusk Deluxe - but also bootlegs like Melbourne always stuck out to me as peak performances of the song. After 1980 there was always less magic IMO. Her solo performances were always meh and even on the Mirage Tour, they altered it just slightly enough to make it lesser.

The modern Sara's (2004-2017) were, like most songs in that era, performed well and somewhat true to the recorded version (as best as the band and the backing band could do it), but still rather perfunctory. The dance and the theatrics with Lindsey and Stevie were really stupid of course. "OMG SHE USED HIS MIC!!?!?!?!!?!?" Kill me.