Thread: Timespace era
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Timespace should have had After The Glitter Fades instead of Beauty and The Beast.

Greatest Hits packages made by record companies usually contain a packaged song they think will be a hit to promote the album. Sometimes it works but sometimes it does not work. Both Nicks and the Mac had their lead "new" song from their package tank. But the albums still sold fairly well. Timespace sold more during its release than OSOTM.

Pat Benatar was brilliant in promoting her Live from Earth album and included Love IS A Battlefied which won her a grammy. I still believe its the only solo female rock artist to have a platinum live album. Yet she is still excluded from the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame.

Speaking of Timespace, I loved the remix that Chris did. But as the years go by (like a strand in the wind), a few things changed. Now I prefer the Wild Heart version of Stand Back. I always missed the drum part mid song that was toned down. I loved when the echo of repeating Just like the white winged dove was taken out when Timespace was released. As the years go by, I have went back to liking the studio version of Edge of 17 better.

The Dance made ALL Fleetwood Mac albums sell tons more and most especially the Greatest Hits album.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2022 at 11:59 AM..