View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It really makes you think about their selection process. His name had to have been brought up, so I wonder who the big veto vote was...
Todd did a Q & A online many many years ago and this was one of the first questions out of the box. He said he was never asked but would have been humbled to have been asked.
Nothing against Rick. He is a fine player but Todd would have pumped a little more energy into the band IMHO.
We know why Billy was asked but we never get clear answers why Rick? Its not that Rick was not qualified but why? He had no real connection to the band. I suppose some genius record industry expert talked the band into hiring him. Something like.....the band needs a professional guitarist....someone with lots of studio work and flexible. Rick fits that bill.....blah blah blah.
I am only speculating (so don't flame me) that either someone thought Billy was lightweight and they needed a more polished guitarist to compliment him OR having already hired Billy, Todd was seen too lightweight and he did not have his sea legs yet. This is not something I agree with but Todd was not a mover and shaker with the big stars. Even he stated he was humbled when he met Clapton during the McVie album. Lindsey commented that it was funny they needed 2 guitarists to replace him

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-07-2022 at 01:47 PM..