View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Really, Rick and Billy were excellent choices, and you’re 100% right that neither one of them would take the spotlight away from Christine or Stevie, yet they would still be able to hold their own, as it were.

I see Frampton as more of a rocker than Winwood, but either one of them would have been interesting paired with FM. Considering Stevie did two solo songs on the 1987-1988 tour, and Billy did his dad’s song Tear It Up, I think FM would have been ok if Frampton or Winwood had played a few of their solo hits.
I think Billy and Rick were good choices too. Don't forget Stevie did Don't Let Me Down Again on the Tango tour as well.

Billy did Tear It Up on BTM Tour so that was after he had done the tour promoting Tango and made an album, BTM, as a member of FM.

It's interesting that Axl Rose toured with ACDC as their lead singer while they were promoting their Rock or Bust album and ACDC did not do any GNR songs in the set. So perhaps that could've been the same for FM with Winwood and Frampton.