View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
The collaboration is Stevie's 80's song "What has Rock'n Roll Ever Done for You?"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...s/11112723002/
I am maybe in the minority but I always liked the demo but maybe for the wrong reasons. Its so freaking 80s but not with the 80s synths or anything like that. Its the lyrics and how Stevie sings the song. It's probably Stevie's most arrogant song. She wrote and sung it at her peak mid 80s coke addiction. That cheezy cat call whistle in the beginning is so bad its good if you know what I mean. I would have loved to have seen Lindsey's face when it was submitted as a song on Tango. Its arrogant, self absorbing, almost bragging about wealth and fame. Something French........CHAMPAGNE !!!!!!!
You cant get a song that sums up Stevie's life in the mid 80s more than this song. The real line should have been .......Something Colombian........COCAINE!
She must have written the song after 5 lines and performed it on the demo after 5 lines. The song starts with some cat calling whistle at her. Then she goes on to brag how rock has brought her so much material wealth. There is nothing that screams 80s more than that. Just the way that she sings the word "evverrything" tells it all!
I can visualize a video for the song on the set of Dynasty.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-03-2023 at 06:42 AM..