Thread: The Tango Tour
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As disappointed as I was at the time that Lindsey left after the release of Tango in the Night and didn’t tour...the tour rocked and was amazing as I remember . It was the beginning of using the additional musicians that took some getting use to but what a great live performance. I listened to the live from Salt Lake City show from 11/87 today. Billy and Rick had a lot of energy and Christine and Stevie sounded amazing. That tour really kept that album selling and Lindsey sure did benefit.
I think the hit singles is what kept the album selling. I am surprised it did not sell more in the US based on its top 40 single success. While I enjoyed the Tango tour, the BTM or Farewell tour was better IMHO. Rick and Billy seemed more confident and adding a few more licks to the songs to make it theirs. We got a very basic Rhiannon in 1987 and a few others. But the tour pulled out some major surprises: Don't Let Me Down Again, Stand Back and HAWAFY. It was probably the last tour before Stevie's lights were turned off for 6 years. She was on klonopin but it was not affecting her performance (yet). Its too bad Stevie got sick and the Australian leg of the tour was cancelled. The band made it up to Australia by opening their 1990 tour in Australia. In the 1980s it was a common event in arenas for people to throw frisbees around the arena or beach balls during the concert. I got to see Stevie pick up a frisbee on stage and throw it back to the audience. It was a very very lame throw but it made it into the crowd.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2020 at 05:35 AM..