View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I've just voted for Billy. I didn't really like BTM but given the choice, I think I'd prefer Billy's material on that record a bit more. It's more pop oriented and fits in slightly more with the FM style. I think Time is a slightly better album and Billy largely carries that record.

For me, I've never shaken the belief Rick is a great session player, whereas Billy should have been a bigger star.

Love Shines and Heart of Stone seal it for me. Those tracks supposedly do not feature Rick. Had that line up continued as a foursome I'd feel confident I'd have liked their output.
Well, let's face the facts....inside or outside of FM, NEITHER one of them ever "made it big" as anything but a sideman. Billy has quite a few solo albums, but I don't know if he ever had even a minor hit.

He regularly posts on FB, and almost NOBODY even likes his posts. It makes me feel sorry for him. He posts Tango pics of him and $tevie(and occasionally Christine) and even then, maybe 10 people care.