View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am having trouble grasping this concept. Buck/Vie was Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I would take issue with your point with Buck/Vie wanting to record new music and Stevie didnt want to. I take issue with it because its based on Stevie's false statement. She made excuses for not wanting to join Lindsey and the band in the studio. She records older songs because she probably does not write as much and her older songs may be better. Everything Stevie said during this time was false. Remember when she did not want to record with the Mac because new music did not sell? Yet she is recording In Your Dreams and 24K Gold in the same era.
Having said all that, I wish Stevie would have showed up and recorded with the Mac. Its crazy that you have to go all the way back to Mirage for a true cohesive studio album from these 5. But I am extremely pleased the band "played on" and recorded anyway. This decision eventually was the beginning of the end for the band. Stevie was no longer able to hold the band hostage. They should have called it Fleetwood Mac but already knew she was pissed they went on without her. Sure enough that was the final straw for her and she demanded Lindsey get fired. So I would have to disagree. The 4 sounded great on Buck/Vie and they should do it again. It works perfectly. Sorry Steve
No other band would do this. If the Eagles recorded an album without one member, its still the Eagles. Why would Fleetwood Mac be any different. Contrary to popular belief but Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac.
You're usually a slight PIMA, but I agree with all of this. I'll expect differently from you tomorrow. It's too bad the world thinks that the Old Goat IS FM. We know differently, but it's futile trying to convince the world. BuckVie was my perfect ending to MY band.

BUT, The Eagles would never record without Don or Glenn(well, they have no choice now with Glenn). But their recipe has been the same forever. Don and Glenn split 80-90%, and Tim and Joe get 1-2 songs each. Face it, that's a recipe for their success. They're done, too. And who can blame any of them at this age?