View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Even since you brought up "word salads" a few months ago. I can't listen to him talk anymore. It's like nails on a chalkboard. He and Stevie are like robots when speaking. And Mick is like a mal-functioning robot.
I was kind of happy that Christine told the truth about them touring. Even though, she was slapped by Karen later on.
I know this is a phenomenon that is applicable to most, but if you typed out what Mick says verbatim in these interviews and then tried to reread it....holy hell. He IS a malfunctioning word salad robot!!

Stevie says what she thinks her audience wants to hear. It's usually nonsensical BS that doesn't even really align with whatever point she's trying to make. It's why I could never stand her stage speeches. Lindsey's speeches were always philosophical nonsense but I actually could sit there going, this goofball stoner really believes in whatever the hell he just said. When she gets on stage and starts introducing Gypsy with buzzwords - "1968!" "VELVET UNDERGROUND!!" "SAN FRANCISSSSCOOOOOO!!!" - designed to generate applause from boomers and those in the audience who think they should have been alive to live in 1968 San Francisco....like, come on lady, this speech has gone on longer than the song will.