View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Cool idea. Your group really invested in this. A lot of songs to discuss.

Just a few things:

—Christine has six Tusk songs, Lindsey nine, Stevie five. Yes, Stevie’s five songs run longer than all of Lindsey’s or Christine’s.

—I don’t think Stevie is present on “Think About Me.” She was on one of the early versions, but for the album it’s just Christine and Lindsey.

—Yes, most of Lindsey’s songs were recorded all by himself but “Walk a Thin Line” does feature harmonies from both Stevie and Christine. Outtake footage from the Tusk Tour doc shows this. Plus used footage shows Christine and Lindsey coming up with the background vocal arrangement together.

—I was thrilled to see such love for “Honey Hi.” Delighted to see love for both Christine’s “Never” songs. And agree: “Sara” is a miracle, thanks in no small part to the group orchestration and the layers and layers of harmonies. What a moment!

—Surprised more of you didn’t love “Not That Funny”! It’s great live (as one of you noted) and I love the studio version, too.

—“Brown Eyes” is exceptional. Your group’s naysayer will not be forgiven for equating the song title with a butthole.

Edit: I was wrong about “Think About Me.” Bly has schooled me. After years of enjoying the song, I actually listened for Stevie this time and heard her in the blend.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 06-19-2022 at 09:33 PM..