View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Oakland (October 4), but two of the songs were post-production dubbed and not truly live: STAND BACK and LEATHER.

She said some . . . uhh . . . interesting things in October, introducing BEAUTY. Once, she even said that Beauty killed Beast and he “rose up” and carried her skyward. She got a plug in, too, for Jean Cocteau’s movie. At one of the stops, she sang the line about “My love is a man who hasn’t been tamed,” and Stevie stomped her little foot and ad libbed “He’s a total fox.” This drew a big, noisy hoot from her sisters of the moon. She was completely enamored of the fairy-tale atmosphere she had created at her concerts. Meanwhile, thousands of kids (and adults) are up there in the rafters, thinking she was quite daft. It was a great time. She really was one of those silent movie queens, embalmed in their narcissism. She was Ziggy Stardust, Theda Bara, and Princess Turandot all come to life.
Wow, good to know. For overdubbed songs, they were not great at all. The original live cuts really must have been messed up. But the clue was only having 3 Wild Heart Live tracks inserted into the Bella Donna concert. WTF? Thats almost admitting the stuff was too wacky or crazy for radio. BTW, do you remember the Pittsburgh show being extra bad. She was hoarse, spacey, and she claimed there were microphone problems and stopped the show several times. A few songs she sang from Waddy's mic and then Sharon's mic.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-02-2023 at 06:34 PM..