View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My pet theory on her US Fest performance

I've always thought this performance was lackluster at best and a truly missed opportunity to make those who thought of her as lightweight entertainment (which there were a lot of) think otherwise. Regardless, among other drugs/drink that were going through her system onstage, I believe she was tripping her head off on LSD.

My theory as to why her vocal performance sounds so tired is that the WHOLE day leading up to her showtime was a giant party, which she loves, which she would have been at the center of, and she NEVER stopped talking (and laughing and carrying on). She's chatty by nature and I bet she hadn't stopped talking in the 10 hours before that show. Tripping with your friends? I bet she never was silent. Also, at that point, she was into her husky speaking voice, regardless of how professionals told her to raise her speaking pitch to where it belongs. She spoke too low back then and that, along with everything else, did her no favors that day.

She blew a golden opportunity with that show because she wouldn't shut up. She had 1/4 tank of gas left when she took that stage.

I await the slings and arrows.

Last edited by DashingDan; 02-01-2023 at 02:07 PM..