View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
IMO the re-record sounds better (clearer). The original sounds beset by technical difficulties and is harder to hear (particularly evident from 4:40 to 5:15).

FWIW I've long noticed the sound on FM's 1982 Mirage video is clearer than that of their US Festival appearance of the same year.

One note: Along with Roy Bittan and Bill Payne, for this song bassist Bob Glaub is also on keyboards (see 4:55-5:25), making it a trio of keyboardists.

Here's the band for this show, which is slightly different from her Wild Heart touring band: http://www.waddywachtelinfo.com/USFest1983.html
I think that is the quality of any live versions.....some fading voices here and there. I just find the touched version too nasal as if she did it with much less effort of the live show which sort of destroys the purpose to spend time in a studio. Its weird because at some point they realized the video version would be made public in a video so it was sort of sung over in lip sync version which makes it even more bizarre IMHO. Live on stage, she is free having fun and sounds great. The studio version she sounds constipated

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-30-2023 at 05:10 PM..