View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Tower
Yeah, me and Mel go way, way back. We used to be really great friends, but all the **** he kept saying about homosexuals in interviews really started to get to me. So finally, I meet up with Mel at The Ivy on Robertson for lunch- just him, me and Charleton Heston- and I sez "Hey Mel? Hey Charlie?? We been hanging together for so long and you dudes are down with the fact that I'm a fag- so why do you keep bitchin' about homos in the press all the time????"

WELL!! Did they have egg on THEIR face! They kept goin' on and on about how their movies would flop if they weren't seen as "pistol-packing, lady f**king, fag hating, flag waving, real HE-men" and on and on and on.

So's I sez- "You know guys we just can't be friends anymore. I know you hate the sin and love the sinner (me), but being a fag is who I am and your rhetoric really hurts my feelings."

So.... with a heavy heart, I wistfully went home- saddened by the loss of two of the best guys I'd ever slept with- OOPS!! I mean- two of the best guys I'd ever hung out with. SORRY!!

Ahhh...now I see where this comes from...

I remember back when Braveheart came out that the Homosexual communityu was up in arms about the "weak" potrayal of Edward II in the film and the way his father, Edward I, treated him. They bitched that it was "stereotypical homophobia stereotyping" and whatever other nonsense they came up with. What they failed to realize while they were crucifying (had to use it! ) good ole' Mel was that the potrayal of Edward II was one of the more historically accurate representations in the film. Gibson even had a"town hall" style meeting with some homosexua advocacy group leaders to discuss the issue and explain the film.

I don't know and don't really care if he's a homophobic person or not...I haven't seen it come across in his movies...but, I guess that's not what I go into one looking for.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller