View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I thought they were melodramatic and over-the-top. I thought that Monica Belluci was terrible (was it a priest from the Vatican that said Sarah Jessica Parker showed more emotion on Oprah when talking about "Sex" than Belluci did through the whole movie? He was right...). I thought the use of the "devil" was laughable. The music was predictable and manipulative (the movie would've had a greater impact without ANY music). And I thought his slow-motion camera shots were also manipulative. It was as if Gibson was trying to nudge the audience and say "See, this is the part where you should look somber or look pained at this moment..." I thought it was just cheesily made as a film. I'm not talking about what I found distasteful in the film when it came to the story aspects because we'd be here all night arguing to no avail, so I'm simply commenting on the movie.
I can’t argue with that. Every movie and filmmaker in history has critics both for and against. It’s all a matter of personal preference. I happen to like Gibson’s direction. I feel he conveys emotion brilliantly. Jim Caviezal was awesome. His cinematography and editing were great, as usual, IMHO. Monica Bellucci was fine and I don’t remember her acting being poor while watching the film. The scene where Jesus saves Mary from being stoned was well played out.

I don’t care if people don’t like the movie…I just can’t stand when people base their opinions off of the hype surrounding it without actually seeing it.

Peace out.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller