View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 04:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up Me Too!

That would be a dream come true! I remember when Pearl Jam did this a few years ago. I think every concert - about 40 or so - was recorded and released. I have no idea how the sales were on them, but as a huge bootleg fan, I thought this was an awesome gift to fans. I'd gladly pay $25 for a soundboard of each show.

The only gripe people would have - and it would be understandable - would be that we could end up with 40-60 discs with the exact same setlist, in the exact same order, with almost the exact same banter ("this feels pretty good...isn't that weird?") between songs. Still, I enjoy different performances from show to show. Like with The Dance shows -sometimes "Sweet Girl" rocked almost as hard as "Rhiannon". Sometimes "Second Hand News" set the crowd on fire. Certain songs just seem to "have their night", so, although the set is the same, the performances aren't.

I really, really hope that they at least rotate in a few songs on different shows. I saw two Train shows this summer, back to back, and they altered the setlist by about 4 songs the second night. It gave the second night an entirely different feel. I don't see what's so difficult about subbing "Sara" for "Dreams" or "Monday Morning" for "Tusk" every couple of shows.

Who knows? With the way things are going, maybe they'll surprise us.

Mike B.