View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I have no idea why anyone would want an item that was signed to someone else. If Christine had signed that napkin directly to me, then it would be priceless, because it would be a memento of an experience. Just having her signature when it wasn't signed to me .... why is that even interesting?

I guess I just don't have the "collector" mindset.
I've been selling off some of my guitar collection recently. I know most of you don't know who Buck Owens is, but in 1996 Fender released a signature red, white and blue sparkle Telecaster. I bought one, and my friend actually knew Buck's secretary. Long story short, I mailed the metal pick guard to him, to have him sign it. Instead, he had it engraved to me, from him. I mean that's priceless to me, BUT it really affects the value, because it has my name on it. I've talked to collector shops about it, and they say having MY name on it actually probably hurts finding a buyer for it. I do have a fairly common name, so if we could find another guitar player with my name, I'd be in business. Billy Joel had a long time guitar player with my name.....

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-22-2021 at 10:27 AM..