View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
When I started my new eating and exercise lifestyle, I decided I needed a cheat weekend where I could indulge in my old foods as a reward. I decided one weekend every 60 days would be the time. So after the first two months I had one meal at McDonald's(Filet o Fish, Lg. Fries), [Sm. Fries to eat in the car on the way home LOL], one meal at my favorite Chinese food restaurant, As many slices as I could handle of pepperoni pizza, one meal at Denny's(Chicken Melt sandwich with French Fries) and one Sundae from Friendly's( a fantastic ice cream parlour only available in the North East) Ice Cream and one Snicker's candy bar. These are all my comfort foods. These foods must all be consumed between Thursday through Sunday. I had most of them and they were enjoyable. About a week back into my regimen I realized I had forgotten to eat the ice cream and the candy bar but they were going to have to wait until the next 60 day cheat weekend. After all that eating my body gained back NINE pounds in 4 days and it took me a little under 2 weeks to jog that off. After the next 60 day cycle which became 4 months since my new lifestyle began, I indulged in my enjoyable cheat weekend. This time I included a friend and family in these cheat foods. At this same time my left leg, just below the knee and downward was killing me from all the jogging, even though I had done stretches before and after each run. It got to the point that it hurt so bad that I started to feel crippled so I decided to take some time off from jogging. On cheat weekend # 2 my body gained back 7 lbs. and so I decided to skip the ice cream sundae because it just wasn't worth it. I continued to eat right and continued to lift weights but I ended up not walking or jogging for 11 days. My knee is only sore in one finger tipped sized spot so I decided it was time to resume walking. Last night after work I was exhausted and all I felt like doing was relaxing in my computer chair and playing on FB but instead I went out and walked my 3.3 miles. When I got back home I lifted weights for 15 min. and then got down on my back on my mat and for the first time since 1974(I kid u not) I did sit ups. I did 5 of them and then forced myself to do 2 more. Then I felt so good about myself and also felt some renewed energy for the rest of the evening. Just by eating right it only took my body 5 days to shed the cheat weekend # 2 foods but by not walking or jogging for those 11 days I did not go down in weight. I remained the same. Now I am going to post this for all of you to read and then out the door on my walk I'll go.
That's amazing Viv.
Yeah, jogging can be a pain for joints, since I have back problems I avoid it and walk instead.
However usually people that are on a diet can have a cheat day every week, maybe it's better instead of three full days even if they are every once in a while? Surely it's more rewarding and constant.
For example my mother uses Saturday's dinner and Sunday's luch for cheat day.