Thread: Time
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Time, as it was released, was pretty much a "compromise" album. WB had rejected the original album that was submitted with the title Another Link In The Chain due to Christine's complete absence from the album. It was all Bekka, Billy & Dave's compositions. Christine's songs were hurredly recorded & assembled in order to comply with WB's demands that (supposedly) she was contractually obligated to appear on Fleetwood Mac albums. I'm sure that the lingering mutual dislike between Christine & Dave Mason DID have something to do with his not appearing on her songs, but it also might be that he wasn't available to do those sessions due to other obligations. Plus, since Bekka, Billy & Dave's material that was included was already completed, so there was really no need to go back and re-record those tunes with Christine...that would've been a waste of time & money.

There were promotional photos released with both Christine & Dave together with Mick, John, Bekka & Billy. So, they co-existed for at least as long as the photo session took. I think those might even have been taken after the artwork for the CD booklet was already completed.

I think whoever tracked the songs did a horrid job, basically magnifying the disjointed feel of the album. Thanks to the capability of reprogramming the running order of a CD (and now with iTunes playlists), a more flowing tracking CAN be obtained. Once again, here's what I came up with:

I DO
TALKIN' TO MY HEART
I WONDER WHY
WINDS OF CHANGE
SOONER OR LATER
DREAMING THE DREAM
NIGHTS IN ESTORIL
NOTHING WITHOUT YOU
I GOT IT IN FOR YOU
HOLLYWOOD (SOME OTHER KIND OF TOWN)
BLOW BY BLOW
THESE STRANGE TIMES