View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Lindsey addresses the above in this article. Among other things, he says it's much easier to get his work out via Fleetwood Mac than under his own name. Upon the release of Say You Will:

"I spent about seven years trying to get my material that's on this album placed and heard." "I felt an extreme need to have it have a home and get it out so someone could hear it." "I would be completely happy to continue with this [Fleetwood Mac], never to pursue anything solo again. Because it's a hell of a lot easier": https://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/articles/FMart115.html
Well that sure seems a pivot of 180 degrees when you think of his statements that FM is so much politics and having to tiptoe around some people's sensitivities (clearly Stevie) and how it's like making a movie whereas solo work is more like painting and it's just you and no politics etc??

I TOTALLY get the point out him having to struggle to get the material out... record companies and managers seem to have been less interested in helping him get solo deals... I mean even Rob Cavallo says that he pushed Lindsey to do a "big FM multi camera show" to "really get his name out" rather than a solo album....

So I have to assume when he refers to FM as being "a hell of a lot easier" he means specifically getting a lot of people to hear his music.. NOT the process of getting music recorded