Thread: 2008 Tour ????
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
From the end of the Tusk tour for the rest of the 80s, it was at least a two year break between albums...that's ridiculous. They should've taken a 6 month break after the Tusk tour, then started work on the next album. OR, Lindsey & Stevie should've just bid farewell to Fleetwood Mac and let them keep going with other people then. As I've hypothesized before, at that point, they could've asked Bob Welch back, since he had a few hits of his own (and they were still on good terms), and recruited Martha Davis, whose own band The Motels hadn't hit the charts yet. So, hypothetically, those early 80s Motels hits ("Only The Lonely", "Take The L", "Remember The Nights", "Tragic Surf", "Mission Of Mercy" etc) could've been Fleetwood Mac tunes. I think the combination of Bob Welch & Martha Davis could've kept Fleetwood Mac a monster name act through the '80s.

Especially after a personnel change. And, especially with a new front line like on the '94/95 tour. As I've said before, they needed to (and should have) toured behind an album of new material, not use the same ol' set list (substituting Dave Mason's tunes where Lindsey's tunes were). If that meant having to wait until after the album was released to hit the road, then so be it. Or, play songs from the upcoming album to spark interest/anticipation for the new album. (as it was, they only played two songs that ended up on Time that preceding tour...Dave Mason's "Blow By Blow" and Bekka's "Dreaming The Dream" (but the latter song only the last half of the tour).

Actually, my favorite live version of "Oh Well" is the live one from the '87/88 tour that was the B-side of the "As Long As You Follow" single. The original Then Play On version is untoppable.
Im glad were on the same page now

Im sorry to say this, but who is Martha Davis? I have never heard of the band, but I have heard of her 'she should have been in fleetwood mac' rants

Note-In 'Storms' CAHs book, she states how Mirage was recorded in 1981, [in case you didnt know that I thought Id put that into it.] but Stevie was doing Bella Donna and Linds was doing Law and Order. It would have came out earlier, but it apparently took a year to mix
I think that the break between Mirage and Tango is ultimately what KILLED the Rumours Mac, and how Stevie wasnt present for most of Tangos recording. But I kindof blame Lindsey for that as he wanted to 'go his own way'
If they would have put out an album in 84-85, they maybe would have kept it together a bit longer. You never know though.

Last edited by Chrislit18; 08-31-2007 at 06:39 PM..