Thread: Unexpected FM
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You just had the statement of the last 40 years. YES, Lindsey's guitar jam fades way too early. As soon as he gets cooking, it fades. Good grief this should have been the opening track and he should have played on for at least another minute. What's the harm? They could have cut a few whatsa matta babys for more Lindsey guitar. I know his rock guitar playing offends Homer but Lindsey is at his best when he rock. I will never forget Musician magazine's review of Tango In The Night. They raved about the title track and compared the track to Led Zeppelin's The Ocean. Thats right a Fleetwood Mac song got compared to Led Zeppelin. When the song Tango goes quiet, the3n comes crashing Lindsey's guitar. They said the impact was as profound as Led Zeppelin's The Ocean, right after Robert Plant's La la la la la la's and the guitars come crashing.
I am not a huge fan of the entire album but this was one of many ways of making it a better album. One of the best tracks almost sounded edited down because of guitar? Can we get more Guitar, More Tango In the Nights, More Isn't It Midnights and less whatsa matta babys and welcome to the room saras. I would even through that programmed jolly Caroline in the trash.
You want me, don't you?

Like I don't like his guitar playing...I love his guitar playing. Yes, Come is a piece of trash. I hate the distorted vocals, it's too heavy metal to be a FM song, and the subject matter is just trashy. Especially too trashy for a FM song. IT DOESN'T FIT THEIR CATALOG.