View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stand Back also does not contain any live singing. The footage you speak of shows Stevie on stage (live) with different hair than her close ups. So there is an audience in a few quick clips but its not synced with the audio track. It's edited in with everything else. The live shots edited in are from stage performances of Stand Back with her Stand Back costume. Those few live shots on Stand Back on stage are edited in too. Watch and you will see.
I watched it tonight, I can see a lot of what you’re saying. I don’t think as much of it is as fake as you do, but even if I’m wrong and it is all fake, that doesn’t bother me. I mean, I’ve been looking for the video footage of this incarnation of FM lip syncing to their Behind the Mask CD in Japan for years- that’s the closest I’ll ever see so many of those great songs performed “live.” Watching this video has always been disappointing for me because of the refilmed closeups of Stevie, the crazy out of order scenes and camera angles, and the annoying scenes of Mick walking down the hallway.

But what’s good is really good- Rick Vito is so good here. He’s just an awesome performer, and what he does on Isn’t It Midnight is incredible. I also love Billy here, his backing and harmonizing vocals are fantastic. Rick and Billy make this worth watching, but I still enjoy Christine and Stevie, especially on Stand Back, Little Lies, Everywhere, and Seven Wonders. Am I the only one who thinks Stevie looks better here when she’s rehearsing in Everywhere than she does when she’s all made up for the camera?