View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I know. I cant wait. This was so over due but as they say, good things come to those who wait. The studio concert has always blown me away. I love these early 70s gems.
We are used to the Stevie/Lindsey drama in the band. But when you look back it must have been frustrating to be a Mac fan in the years leading up to Lindsey and Stevie joining. While both Mystery and Heroes are great albums there was no touring due to drama or someone being fired. I think they did a few concerts for Mystery but no real tour. Bare Trees/Penguin era was their last real tour. I wonder since Bob was not happy and there was no tour they came up with the idea for the studio concert idea for Heroes. It must have been incredibly frustrating to record such a fine album that finally cracked the American top 40 charts with NO promotion and NO tour. Its crazy to think at the time of the recording Mick had already heard Lindsey's playing. 2 weeks later he would make the call.
There was a full US tour for HEROES in the fall of 74. I think something like 43 dates.

PENGUIN and FUTURE GAMES had full tours in the US with additional dates in the UK.

BARE TREES and MYSTERY had aborted tours, which is why MYSTERY did not chart as high as PENGUIN and HEROES.