View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I don’t care what they did in the middle of the set, that they did the standard The Chain opening with Go Your Own Way as the main set closer was unimaginative and did nothing to set this new iteration apart from just being a continuation of the same band with Lindsey replaced by Neil and Mike. They should have been far more creative with the set and that includes shifting some songs around.
I'm the last one that would be sticking up for this new line up. But they did do Black Magic Woman, Hypnotized, Storms, and Isn't it Midnight. Sadly because there are way more causal Mac fans and mostly Stevie fans, the band dropped 3 of the songs because of the blank stares from the audience. They were forced to open with the Chain, close with GYOW and even perform Second Hand News (sacrilegious IMHO).

They even had to make Stevie sing a Crowded House song and Black Magic Woman to prevent people from running to the bathroom