View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The whole rhetoric of Lindsey being responsible for the stale setlist
Nope. That’s not what the criticism was. It’s that he didn’t want to explore in depth the 67-74, 88-95 stuff, the music that didn’t involve him, that wasn’t part of HIS legacy with Fleetwood Mac. We all know that his first choice would be new music, but that wasn’t in the cards (different, equally important topic). Still, he’s publicly said that he didn’t enjoy playing the earlier stuff, except for maybe a couple of Peter Green songs, and that he felt like a cabaret act whenever they played that stuff.

Quote:
They talked up the "new band" and "new setlist" to sell tickets and then axed nearly all of the "new old" songs within the first 20 shows of the tour. But it's somehow Lindsey's fault for the stale setlist. Okay, sure.
I agree that it sucked that those songs were dropped (especially Hypnotized). Still, hearing Christine do solos reminiscent of 1971-72 was worth it for me. I mean, I still got to see Lindsey do his songs, too. For me, it was actually better apart. I got to see Hypnotized, Tell Me All The Things You Do, All Over Again, and I Must Go in 2018.

And, as a fan of the Finns in general and Mike Campbell as a guitarist...It could have been worse.

Quote:
I highly doubt Stevie Nicks EVER muttered a single pre-1975 song title during tour rehearsals between 2003-2015
Probably not. But, her formula changed with the 24KG tour. Mick was knee deep in promoting his 67-74 “Love That Burns” coffee table book, and he and Stevie apparently decided in Italy that they wanted to apply her new MO to a Fleetwood Mac set.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-23-2020 at 09:33 PM..