View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw both tours with Rick and Billy and they were fantastic shows. (There are reports that toward the end of the BTM tour it became low energy.)

I saw Billy and Todd Sharp with Christine McVie on her solo tour (1984) and that show rocked the house, too.
I saw the BTM (Farewell tour) late in November 1990 and it was all high energy with Stevie dancing all over the place.
Contrasting the tours, I think the band sounded better and jelled better in 1990 which only makes sense. They took a few creative liberties too like the brief guitar intro to Rhiannon. Speaking of the 1990 Rhiannon, Stevie did something she had not done since the Tusk/Mirage tours and go sit down on the side of the stage during the guitar solo. I think she was trying to vintage up the Mac for what was supposed to be her final tour with them.
I have said this before but both Stevie and Christine wearing mini skirts on the tour was one of my favorite things

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-06-2019 at 10:01 AM..