View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Well, I was more than happy that the 5 members reunited in 1997 and 2014. However, in 1987 Fleetwood Mac was supposed to make an album and then tour. Lindsey reluctantly agreed to tour for 10 weeks. Reluctantly, but he agreed, and that was a serious commitment. The band had started rehearsing, signing on readies, confirming dates with booking agents, or so I read. Then he took it back and the August 7 episode we all known happened at Christine’s home. More than that episode (of which there are different versions so I don't take it into account as much), the fact of abandoning them was the most unforgivable thing, IMHO.

Again, I was in full happiness to see the 5 guys in 1997 and 2014, but if it was me, if I was a band member, I would completely discard the possibility of reunite with somebody who ditched the band that way. If he had said NO TOUR from the start, I’d have respected that, but the way he left them was something very bad. So, how was it possible for them to reunite? Well, of course there was a good suitable mood, but after everything I've seen, it was definitely also to please the friend of those five: their wallets.
Ditched the band? I think you're forgetting the year long process of making Tango in which Lindsey, Christine, and Richard were the only people sober enough to see the project cross the finish line. Stevie only showed up for a mere few weeks. She also signed a contract agreeing to complete an album which she barely did. Questioning Lindsey's dedication to the band is quite a laughable stretch.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-28-2024 at 11:29 AM..