View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post

I think it's fascinating that this has all blown up in the same week that ABBA released their new songs and announced a new album and show. They were always being compared in the 70s, weren't they? Loved-up couples singing songs about themselves, then bitter splits and break-up records... The difference seems to be that ABBA have turned out to be emotionally mature adults, who recognise what their legacy means to their millions of fans (and to themselves), and have come together again for one last wonderful project, while there's still time.

Fleetwood Mac, on the other hand, just serve us another bowlful of bile en route to the retirement home, and torpedo the chance to give their story a meaningful ending.
My ABBA fandom predates my Fleetwood Mac fandom by a couple of years back in the 1970s . After that I kind of switched between the two as ABBA became inactive . This past week I am switching back to ABBA as number one ..forever.