View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I haven’t watched late night talk shows in years, but I guess I was thinking since there is only one other guest mentioned, that that would be enough time for a chat with Lindsey, too. Fingers crossed I’m right. I’d be thrilled if he got to perform 2 songs, but I know that’s unlikely. I remember way back in 1988 or 1989 seeing 10,000 Maniacs on the Tonight Show, and Jay Leno was guest hosting at that time, and they performed 2 songs back to back, and it was such a cool surprise. Nowadays, it seems like these types of shows are so rigid, which is ironic considering technology today and the talent hosting them.
that's a good point. maybe there will be another guest added, but who knows. i love watching late night shows, and way better known names than LB usually just perform so i'd be surprised.

and yeah, they all normally perform just one song (and then they also record another song which is available on the show's site online), and are not sitting down with the host. would be interesting if LB would get that chance, and also get to banter with Jon Batiste. he and Jon do share the Trent connection, too!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"