View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 09:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

I have mixed feelings about this interview. On the one hand, I’m glad that Lindsey is telling it like it is. But on the other hand, I think it has to be said that if he really wants closure and to end things on a good note with FM, talking about how Stevie was jealous of his spotlight in concert isn’t going to do it. (It feels salty in the same way his post-lawsuit press statements about how Stevie was jealous that he had a family and all she has is her career weren’t exactly mending fences).

I don’t think he and john were ever close. It seems like Mick is really the linchpin who kept everyone connected but they don’t have all that much genuine connection to each other than via Mick. As for Christine. She’s weak and we knew that. With Mick as the hub of the band, the McVies could either stay on the ride with Stevie, Neil and Mike or not be in FM. I think that Stevie could always tour solo, and they knew from the Eagles that a band without Lindsey would sell well anyway. So while it is gross and disappointing, honestly it’s not a surprise. They trashed Lindsey in the media during the BTM press too, so it’s not even the first time. Honestly, I doubt anyone in the band besides Mick actually *likes* Lindsey as a person, and over the years Lindsey hasn’t made it easy (though he deserved far better than he’s gotten).

I’m not saying Lindsey owes anyone in that band anything. I’d just as soon he tell all the tales and share what awful people they are. Then again, I don’t want the band to reunite and will never believe anything they do as a group is genuine except for their genuine desire to make money off of fans. But if his goal is reconciliation, sometimes he would he advised to hold his fire.