View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Living in the past is all you can really do with Fleetwood. It's like with Otis Redding or Jeff Buckley fans, too. I mean, physiologically Fleetwood Mac isn't dead. But musically they are. If they want to become a creative force once again and produce a lovely album or soundtrack or anything that challenges and inspires, I'm all for it. But American Idol? Classic Southwest? These are not creative acts, and they don't make anyone relevant.

Any genuine creativity at this point is coming from a few of the members as solo artists, primarily Stevie and Lindsey, both of whom still occasionally write and record. But they aren't artistic surrogates for Fleetwood Mac, which has run completely dry. And the only thing we have from Fleetwood Mac that's worth paying for are very old albums repackaged. Lindsey still has a lot of talent and capability, and the list of things he could do creatively to challenge and inspire is a mile long. He knows that this stupid TV show meant nothing of any lasting value. He could also distribute branded wine through Costco.
You are right of course, and everyone on the board knows he knew full well that this was a promotional exercise and nothing more. When you consider this and don't take the performance too seriously it's ok and you move on from it.

I know many may think I'm off little on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie had it in her head from the beginning that a perfect reunion would be for the 50th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks which would be in 2023. New or a tour, both, etc... Lindsey still has something to give us creatively and it's frustrating that we have to wait for it, but I think it will pay off in the end.

Off topic, Did anyone notice the new John Mayer cover for his album SOB rock? Looks alot like Go Insane to me . His influence is felt mostly in small creative circle, but if things like an album cover or a tv appearance get those unfamiliar with what he has done for music (as a producer, arranger, engineer, etc) aside from being an ace guitarist, I'm all for it.