View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I did look again at the photo. You're right. He still looks like Lindsey; it's the cheeks that just make Cher pop in my head.
I respect what you say about him being introduced as a former member. But I also think by him being introduced as Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, it backfires on Stevie and Mick. By that I mean he's still considered a member of Fleetwood Mac.

I think Lindsey doesn't want to let what Stevie did to him destroy his relationship with Mick. Even in 2018, Lindsey said to RollingStone that Mick is still a great guy.

Ultimately, Lindsey's the one who came out of the firing with integrity. Mac did an oldies tour. Lindsey released his first "Best Of" and it included new tracks.

Lindsey remained an artist and did his first tour celebrating his career with songs never done live. Stevie, Chris, Mick, and John were a jukebox playing mainly songs that were done live plenty of times and songs not written nor recorded by Stevie or Chris (BMW, Tell Me, I Got You, Don't Dream, Hypnotized)
Not to be argumentative, but Lindsey used to perform Oh Well and a couple of other blues songs recorded by FM, and he recorded and sang live Blue Letter for several tours, and FM wasn’t referred to as a cover band then. BMW, TMATTYD, Hypnotized, and Man of the World are FM songs, regardless of who originally sang them. When Lindsey and Stevie joined FM and performed Station Man, Oh Well, Hypnotized, etc were we supposed to consider them a cover band then? Of course not.

When Lindsey was fired from FM, it made headlines. It’s hard to believe that AI would casually introduce him as a member of FM. That would be rewriting history. Unless there’s some sort of huge announcement before he’s introduced saying Lindsey’s back with the band either recording or touring, which with FM is always possible, I think he’ll be introduced as a former member of FM. If anyone considers Lindsey a current member of FM after he was kicked out of the band so publicly and after he won a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them for not being able to tour with them, then the same logic is being used to describe a certain 2020 election. Doesn’t mean Lindsey won’t rejoin FM at some point, but he certainly isn’t a member right now. Ask Lindsey and see what he says.