View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A few random things that came to me reading through this thread and listening to the podcast.

The producer who worked for about a week on Tango in the Night was Jason Corsaro. He was the Recording Engineer on some of the 80's Chic albums, along with their offshoot The Power Station. He also had engineering credits on 80's megahits from Robert Palmer and Steve Winwood. He had done limited producing at that point and I think after about a week was swallowed alive by Lindsey...

The podcast was pretty good. I did hear a bit of rasp at times in Lindsey's voice, particularly at the end of sentences, but that could be anything from allergies, to a cold, talking a lot, even some recent singing.

My god though, so many Stevie references and the spectre of Stevie. First time I have ever heard Lindsey link Go Insane to Stevie and then again Big Love. He was really working hard to make it clear what a lifelong impact she has had on him. Of course he made sure to mention that Dreams was two repetitive chords that would not have breathed if it was not for his construction of the song. Always a little reminder to her that the success of her early songs depended upon him and without those early songs - Rhiannon, Dreams. Sara, etc., the massive solo career that she built may have never come to be.

And now let's get to the Mick love affair - He actually said "Mick's intuition for what is truthful is beyond reproach"

It seems to me that the two of them are for sure planning something. The lack of mention of any upcoming solo work or acknowledgment of a completed album or even a backlog of unreleased material, tells me there is a hold in Lindsey's mind on labeling his upcoming work.

Lindsey is a grown man and his desires and wants may be very different than the fanbase here, and it seems clear his Fleetwood Mac legacy is now very important to him even if that runs counter to what his ardent supporters may want and feel.

Last edited by John Run; 05-10-2021 at 04:43 PM..