View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I have no idea if Lindsey has any control over the release of his album- I always thought the record companies made those decisions.
i'm not sure in Lindsey's case. we know he's really bad with marketing and advertising himself, which is partly why i think he trusts his new management / Rhino, and why he sold his publishing - including 50 % of any new stuff going forward - to a company that he hopes will place it better than he would.

when you look at some of the people he collaborated with lately, a lot seems to be coming through Rhino / WBs, and also Brandy Clark i think is a fan (there were pics of her and Lindsey backstage at some show he went to see and she was gushing over him at the time).

at M&Gs back in 2018, Lindsey told some fans that the album is done and Rhino is holding it back to add some duets with younger artists on it. that can go either way of course - Lindsey trusting WBs got us no original GOS and waiting for FM/SYW forever. but i would love to see some interesting collaborations and unlike LB, many of those collaborators are usually great in advertising and social media. which is nice for cementing his legendary status (it's not exactly what Mike Murphy did for SN with AHS on her edge of 70, but still very nice).

that all said i'm with everyone who is saying that either whole album - or at least several singles - should be released during this year / in the pandemic, instead of waiting for the flood of releases when vaccine herd immunity (hopefully!!) kicks in.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"