View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're referring more to technique than anything -- and that may be where the difference of opinions is arising between you and Amber (well, at least in this situation), who is, I believe, referring to the more intuitive aspects of Stevie's singing.
I was mostly referring to range, which I suppose would fall under the category of "technique" but to me, it equates more to overall talent than anything.

I also think that Bekka is quite adept at harmonizing, as evidenced by her collaborations with Billy Burnette.

In any case, when I first heard Stevie Nicks, I liked what I heard but was not blown away by it. Also my opinion of her may have been swayed a little by the fact that my introduction to her came in the form of "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" and I was already a rabid Petty-head at the time.

Bekka, on the other hand, absolutely floored me when I first heard her. I didn't know who she was and had no internet connection at the time to facilitate the necessary research to find out, but I knew that whoever that was singing backup on Jonny Lang's "Lie to Me" was a talent to be reckoned with.