View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some of that may be standard lawyer stuff..It isn't unusual when there are no minor children to say the spouse doesn't need spousal support because they are now no longer in a position where they have to stay home and raise the children, ie, so they should be able to go out and work. She has worked, doing all her interior decorating and house flipping and for a while she sold 'original' designs of furniture pieces on several of the higher end online boutique retailers (I always wondered how much she actually sold of those $2,000 ottomans etc).,
SHe's been spending a boatload of money or equestrian stuff too. The youngest daughter Stella is an accomplished horsewoman and she (like a whole lotta celeb daughters, most notably Springsteen's daughter who I think is now an Olympian) competes as a rider. But lawyers often make the person asking for support have the burden of proving why they need to be taken care of rather than getting a job. It could therefore just be an opening gambit. Who knows.

What was rather interesting in the Maron interview was when they talked about kids and he said how fast the time goes by when they grow up, and how your kids go from being these little bundles of unconditional love to going in their room and shutting the door on you. Made me wonder if he just meant teen years and daughters generally or if there is some taking of sides going on amongst the kids about the split.