View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I never liked BTM. I like it less than TIME. But even the worst FM album (and in my mind it’s the worst) has potential.

“Save Me” is a really good tune. I’m not nuts about the arrangement, the synth flourishes, the slick yet dated production, but the bones of the song and the terrific vocal still hold up. The title track is genuinely interesting, and a couple of Stevie songs are okay. She sings far better here than on TANGO. So there’s that. The men try hard and deliver respectable music, but I just couldn’t (not can’t) get interested. And the harmonies sound bloated.

By comparison, the songs on TIME are spare and effective. “Talking To My Heart” is better than any Burnette, Vito, or Nicks on BTM. Becka and Billy make a great duo.
Thank you. Time is a better album than BTM. I too could never really get into BTM, other than Christine's two 'hits', Do You Know, and Love Is Dangerous. The rest is filler.