View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://80splusradio.iheart.com/feat...e=local_social

Martha Quinn
‘SNL’: Fleetwood Mac Legend Joins Halsey For Surprise Collaboration
By Karena V.
Oct 11, 2021

Halsey was the musical guest on SNL Saturday night.

They performed, I am Not A Woman, I Am A God and Darling.

During the performance of Darling, Halsey was joined on stage by Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham on guitar.

The songs are from Halsey's album, If I Can't Have Love I Want Power.

Check out Lindsey performing with Halsey below!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...APnNQs?ocid=st

Halsey brought out former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham during 'SNL' performance
Marty Rosenbaum 1 hr ago

At this point in time, Halsey is a Saturday Night Live veteran who knows the ins and outs of the stage enabling them to command it at will.

Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham© Provided by Audacy Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham
That much was true over the weekend as Halsey once again delivered a memorable performance on SNL as they opted to bring out a Rock legend on stage to close out the show.

Halsey kicked off their fifth appearance on SNL with a stunning rendition of “I Am Not a Woman, I’m a God” from their latest album If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power.

Dressed in a black leather bodysuit, Halsey stepped onto the stage that looked straight out of a sci-fi future to perform their single. Filmmaker Michel Gondry, who was behind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Green Hornet, served as creative director for the segment.

Halsey’s final performance of the night saw the “Nightmare” singer welcome former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham to the stage as the duo performed a stirring rendition of “Darling.”

With Buckingham on acoustic guitar and Halsey using just their voice, “Darling” was an especially powerful moment from the show as the performance is guaranteed to be played on repeat throughout the years.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/lin..._medium=social

Lindsey Buckingham joins Halsey for touching rendition of her song Darling
By Elizabeth Scarlett ( Classic Rock ) about 2 hours ago

Lindsey Buckingham accompanies Halsey on SNL for a performance of her song Darling, lifted from her album If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

Lindsey Buckingham and Halsey on SNL
(Image credit: SNL)
Hot on the heels of his new eponymous solo album, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham joined alternative pop artist Halsey on stage on October 10, for a special rendition of her song Darling on SNL.

The track features on her new album, If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power, which was released on August 27 via Capitol Records and produced by Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

The rendition of Darling showcases Buckingham's trademark finger-picking style with Halsey's delicate crooning, making for a pretty magical and atmospheric performance. Towards the end of the rendition, Halsey – who is garbed in an all-black witch-like outfit with a top hat that calls to mind Fleetwood Mac's frontwoman Stevie Nicks – encourages the audience to applaud the legendary guitarist, whilst she cheers “Ladies and gentleman, Lindsey Buckingham!”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"