View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Bekka didn't mention it, maybe she didn't know but John was against that song also. On ebay awhile back there had been a letter from Mick to John written on hotel stationary asking him to rethink why he (Mick) who had always supported what others in the band wanted to do could not have the chance to maybe put out an idea of his own, something along those lines.

Apparently John objected to the mention of God in that song, and Mick was trying to explain how it was all about his individual struggles and journey, not supposed to be any sort of religious preaching by using that word. (I wonder if chris felt the same as john...?)

it was like 3/4 of the letter and i remember i felt kind of bad for mick, having to
beg to get one of his ideas on the album. it was actually a nice letter.

but i guess in the end he won everybody over.

--Lis
Oh, that is interesting, thanks Lis. The "God is nowhere, God is now here" thing is a bit banal, I think, however. If you look at the credits for "These Strange Times" only Mick and Bekka from the band are listed as performing on it- no John so maybe that tells us something. I had always wondered why that was.