View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember when the Rumours group "finally" got back together in 1997 after 10 years apart? That same lineup only made ONE album together in the past almost 25 years and it was the one that coincided with their reunion. How many new Fleetwood Mac studio albums have been released in that same duration? ONE. In 2003!!! But at least we got the four song EP in 2013, right?

For me, it's not so much taking sides as it is looking at the band's situation from all sides. The sad state of affairs that's happened with Fleetwood Mac doesn't just lay at Stevie's boots. John and Mick deserve their share of the blame for bending to her will. Christine deserves scorn for not sticking up for Lindsey too. As much as Stevie's solo star shined 40 years ago, she shouldn't have ANY say if Lindsey was in or out of the band, especially since she clearly was not and has not been interested in making new music.

I know I shouldn't care about this band as much as I do but Fleetwood Mac is as much a part of my life as anything. You take it away from me and you're taking a huge part of my identity. I have every Fleetwood Mac album and have purchased all the recent deluxe releases. I'm one of the small percentage who love this band and through them became a fan of the likes of Billy and Bekka and bought their albums and music. I have Mick's solo albums and even have both of Todd Sharp and George Hawkins, Jr.'s solo work. If it hadn't been for Fleetwood Mac, I wouldn't have become a fan of John Stewart who is someone whose work I love and admire greatly. Even though I'm disgusted with Stevie, I still have her albums because I'm a sentimental fool who hates to part with memories. I'm not saying any of this to impress anyone, only to show just how much this band and its music means to me.

So while I shouldn't be mad, I still am because there's so much more that Fleetwood Mac could have produced in the past 25 years instead of what we got. On top of that, the person who helped make the band the success they were was tossed because of the whims of one person. It's so sad but it's probably why Lindsey's latest album has made such an impact on me. Without meaning to sound grim, the opportunity for these people to make music lessens each day. The chance for the five of them to do it together one last time should have been the top priority and now it's probably going to be a missed opportunity.