View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I got into FM it was during the Dance. My first show was the 2003 Toronto show. It was ok. I found Stevie's vocals at times to be very nasal. There were definite highlights like Beautiful Child, Eyes of The World, Say Goodbye to name a few.

In the beginning I was all about Stevie. I couldn't care less about anyone else in the band. But then I did start buying the albums of current and former members of FM and found much to enjoy. I do agree that Lindsey's solo work can at times be a bit too weird for my taste and I have a strong dislike for the distorted vocals he uses. I wish he would just sing normally. Having said that though I do enjoy allot of his solo work. Stevie I feel had 1 pretty good album with Bella Donna. Every album after has some really good songs but also some crap that I wonder how it ever made the cut. My favorite album of hers is TISL even though I would say BD is her best work.

The thing I find with the Stevie Nicks fans especially the ones on Social media is that they have a sick obsession with her where they act like they are her friend and or protector etc. from big bad Lindsey. They excuse every thing she has ever done no matter what. She stops a planned tour and or album from happening. She says dumb things up on stage or in the press and or says some cringeworthy things about Lindsey and or his family and the fans eat it up.

Lindsey is a flawed human being and certainly no saint but to see him get dumped on over and over by pathetic SN worshippers is kind of sad. Suddenly these people are medical experts in what makes a person a narcissist and or domestic abuser etc.

They are also some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They **** all over Lindsey for an alleged tour delay but had ZERO to say when SN stopped the 2012 tour and also stopped them from making a new album with or without Christine. They made an album in 2017 without her with NO drama to speak of.

Some of them were critical of Carol's book and yet now they quote it as the gospel truth. Same with GDW. The book is full of errors and yet they treat it like it's the god's honest truth and or that SN had a hand in the book.

There a tons of Facebook groups were SN cult members make absurd claims like Lindsey probably beats his wife and say things like it's no wonder she's divorcing him. They are all bent out of shape over his comments but have nothing to say for the endless immature or inappropriate comments SN has made over the years.

I can be a fan of someone but I am not one of those people who elevates any celebrity to a god like status. I can enjoy someone but still be critical. Stevie Nicks and for that matter anyone else in FM deserve to be both praised and criticized when necessary. There is nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't make you less of a fan.

I took the side of Lindsey back in 2018 because at this stage in the band's career I don't want another tour at sky high ticket prices that regurgitates the past. The cult was ****ting on Lindsey for playing small venues while FM played arenas yet when Mike Campbell announced a tour with his band The Dirty Knobs and he was booked in some of the exact same venues Lindsey played there was radio silence.

They know they have nothing on Lindsey that warranted his firing so they will say or do anything to minimize his talents or justify his firing even going so far as to cherry pick incidents from when Carter and Reagan were president.

They also suddenly play the whole the band has had many lineups this is just another lineup card and they act like they are and or were always big fans of any lineup that didn't have SN in it.

As someone else said when reviews were praising the cover songs I knew I had made the right decision to sit this one out.

One thing I find that shuts up some of the cult is when you throw it in their face that the current lineup is the ONLY lineup that hasn't produced ANY new music and they have had 3 plus years to do so.

Lindsey's albums may not sell much but at least he's being creative vs resting on the past.

I have found it hard to be a SN fan these past 10 years or so since we have mostly gotten nostalgia over and over and behavior that is increasingly hard to ignore or justify.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 09-21-2021 at 08:04 PM..