View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Everything was a different sound back in the day. I call it arena rock. You cant even compare The Chain 1980 or 1982 to The Dance The Chain 1997. Its apples and watermelons. Of course Think About Me in 2014 is going to sound different than 1980. Technology changed and the Mac wants to sound like the studio in live shows these days.
Many of us (including me) much prefer this raw, unpolished, and arena rock sound. Your description of Second Hand News makes me want to hear the song and probably like it more with what you call it "Loud and a rock song" That sounds so good to me.
I see what you’re saying and you’re probably right. But listening to Think About Me again, my disappointment isn’t that it doesn’t sound polished, it’s that they changed the ending. There is no “ooh ooh ooh” section at the end, which was my favorite part of the song, and technology aside back in 1980, they could have kept that section but chose not to. Maybe it wouldn’t have sounded as polished, though. It’s kind of like if they performed Big Love and then ended the song before all the grunts lol. The live versions of Landslide, Go Your Own Way, and Sara are my favorite, and they’re very faithful but still have enough differences from the recorded versions to sound unique, especially Landslide.

Have you bought or heard the record and if so, what are your thoughts? I’m really excited to hear what others think.