View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thanks for posting this! Now that I've heard it I do think I heard it once a loooong time ago! I do like the beefed up backing vocals on this version at least.

It's interesting, back around the time of the 50th anniversary of the BN album when the press were asking each of them about the possibility of re-releasing it on CD and all... a reporter who had interviewed Stevie and then Lindsey told Lindsey that Stevie had talked about them maybe doing a short BN tour and including Waddy on it.... and Lindsey's response was a rather measured "Oh...hmmm.... Waddy Wachetel?? Hmm....well...." and he sort of left it hanging. It made me wonder what the relationship is between LB and Waddy all these years, and whether LB has particular feelings about her turning to Waddy for all sorts of creative support in her solo career much like she did with LB... There was definitely something in Lindsey's tone when he talked about Waddy...

It's such a shame they f***ed up doing a re release of that album when there was a surge of interest. Keith was still alive then and there would have been a certain sense of I dunno... completeness or something... if the three of them who had done the original (SN, LB, KO) had been involved in the re-release.

Another in the long list of FM-related missed opportunities.
Oh the whole thing just makes me cringe, probably for the same reason it may have made Lindsey cringe. Stevie waltzs in with Waddy as her musical director of 40 years as part of album that he didn’t necessarily have an immense involvement on beyond some slide parts and some electric overdubs. He knew how that was going to go.