View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The clip is so brief that a judgment is barely possible, but I like those few seconds. I’m the opposite of sleepless child in that I prefer the studio vocals to the live vocals lately. The studio seems to give Stevie more dynamic space, and she doesn’t have to compete with a band onstage to be heard. Stevie and Chris Isaak have a nice retro gel. When she works with him on an old song, she puts aside her narcissistic “Stevie Nicks” thing (or the song puts it aside for her). Thoughts, JB?
If JB = Me. Then

I think she has a really strong voice. The tone quality really suffers from the years of all those "whatevers" we talked about in a different thread.

I like her recorded voice better than live. I really like her on the Neil Finn track, "Find Your Way Back". As far as live goes, she still has the tone quality issues and then you have to add her intonation issues.

Having said all that, if I could sing this functionally in my 70's, and my fans were buying it, I'd hire some writers (like she always does). Then I'd put out an album and do FINAL tour.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-14-2022 at 03:16 PM..