View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was only in a minor accident where I was stopped waiting to merge onto the highway, and the girl behind me thought I had already gone (I admit to starting to go and then stopping because the guy coming was flying). She just tapped the back of my car. Other than that, I've had some HUGE miracles of not getting hit. The best one, this is great, was when I picked up a friend to go to school (high school years), and the roads were all ice. So I was going slow, but I had realized just how much of a slope it was from her house to the stop sign (which was only two houses away). I hit the breaks and nothing was going to stop me...I wasn't even slowing down, and the street is about 15 feet from a sharp curve, so you really have to be careful and stop at that stop sign and make sure no one is coming. Well, I glided right through that stop sign and saw someone coming at me. I remember thinking, well, this is it, I'm finally going to wreck (funny the things you think of when disaster is about to strike). Then, magically, the car just goes right around me. It was headed right for me, and the next thing I knew it was passing in front of me, and some other guy was stopped at my side telling me to go. I wish I could draw a picture here to show you just how insane it was...the guy had to have literally made an almost 90 degree turn to avoid hitting me. Anyway, sorry for all my long posts. I'm in between classes for two hours and am really bored.