View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
. I will have to admit that regardless of what the Eagles did on their last album, whatever they did, worked times millions. It is sad because FM with SYW couldn’t even come close to that success that The Eagles had, and I still wonder why to be honest. OF course, thanks goodness FM didn’t sell out to Country like the Eagles have

. I don’t understand how some people can say that Tusk bombed , didn’t sell and yet justify SYW sales. I mean, Tusk sold 4 million, heck, even if it is 2, million double records vs. a album that has not even sold 1 million. The argument just doesn’t seem to hold water to me

. I had the opportunity to take friends to see LB live, and even though they still didn’t per say enjoy his style of music, they did state that he was super talented, and they got his autograph after the show, and said they were shocked how nice and humble he was. I have so much respect for the man, after all these years, he is so down to earth and humble

. I wonder if FM has every worked with Bruce Springsteen
I guess FM would have to lean more toward country if they wanted to sell the numbers that the Eagles last album did. Like you, I'm happy FM isn't 'selling out'.

I get aggravated when I hear how Tusk 'failed'. Selling 4 million units is a success! Yes, it wasn't as many as Rumours sold, but considering that it was a double album and the music world was changing drastically in the late '70s, Tusk did a great job!

You took your friends to see LB?! Lucky friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know, Bruce Springsteen hasn't worked with FM.