View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
not sure who you are talking to, everyone seems very calm around here.
With all due respect, I don’t appreciate being told how I feel or felt about something.

Quote:
you've been pushing Mick-Lindsey collab pretty hard and repeatedly, as can be easily verified with a quick search of this site. by your defensive reaction right now, maybe you really were excited about it, even if not necessarily.
The way Mick and Lindsey feed off each other in the studio and on stage would made for a great project. If Fleetwood Mac isn’t an option going forward, then Fleetwood Buckingham or whatever would be the most commercially viable option left for both men. It still might happen, but I’m not nearly as optimistic after that interview.

However, I can only get so excited about acoustic guitars recorded at half speed and then sped up, sparse percussion, layered Fairlight backing vocals, comically distorted lead guitars, and psychobabble lyrics for the umpteenth time. For all the reinvention talk, what I’ve heard from the new album sounds a lot like every other album of his since OOTC, including SYW.

In terms of what actually excites me, a Fleetwood Mac album with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is much higher on the list followed by that blues album Christine has been teasing for nearly 35 years. Mike Campbell’s “Wreckless Abandon” song was a breath of fresh air as far as Mac-related songs go. Big jangly guitars, fun lyrics, and a good hook. It would have been a great Fleetwood Mac song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think I see what Steve means by suggesting that Stevie's, er, speech act, could theoretically be construed very narrowly as nothing more than a declaration of her intention to sever all ties with Lindsey; but in its real world context it had the performative force of either bringing the Fleetwood Mac train to a halt (and thereby breaching promoter contracts) or keeping it going with some different passengers (which hypothetically also includes the scenario where they went ahead with a Christine/Lindsey/John/Mick lineup sans Stevie). In any case, "ultimatum" comes from the Latin "ultimare" meaning 'come to an end.' In her own words, her declaration was as final as it gets, whatever the subsequent outcome.
This. As I said, the net effect was the same.

THE Stephen Hopkins