View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: The two Martins

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
I checked at allmusic.com and it looks like Rushent is a Producer/Engineer (like Birch) who seems to have gotten more in to working on punk/new wave stuff like Generation X, The Stranglers, Go-go's etc.

In checking on what they had for Birch, he had been working on Deep Purple albums in 1971 so he may have just been booked up with that or something. (?)

I would copy the links here for you but I tried copying some allmusic links to the PG board this morning and they didn't come across so I'd suggest just going to allmusic.com and type in MR & MB for the search and it'll list all the albums they worked on respectively if you're interested in seeing the full lists.

John
Thanks, John. I checked out the All Music website. I actually wondered if Martin Rushent and Martin Birch were the same person. I also noticed that Martin Birch worked on a Peter Green solo album near the same time as "Future Games". That must have been soon after Peter left Fleetwood Mac. Maybe that may have had something to do with him not working on "Future Games", too.